Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mission SLIMPossible #1

Hello, my name is Reverend Andy Hawley and I'm obese. I have been for most of my life. Sure, I've tried a lot of the diets you hear about – South Beach, Atkins, The Grapefruit Diet, but none of them did anything for me. I’ve spent time in gyms, I’m no stranger to squats, lifts, and sit-ups, but I haven’t stayed focused on it long enough to show improvement in my health.


I've been called every derogatory name related to “fat” in the book. When I was younger, I used comedy and humor to defend myself and blow the words off. Even people I consider friends end up, at some point or another, calling me “fatso” or singing the “fatty fatty two-by-four” song. What do you do? You either join in and laugh or you call them every name that comes to mind.

This definitely isn’t easy for me. I’ll be posting weekly updates here regarding my training at Village Fitness in East Atlanta and my diet. I run out of breath going up a flight of stairs. Lifting heavy weight usually isn’t a problem, but I run out of energy quickly. I’m 37, so I don’t bounce back as quickly. I ran the Peachtree Road Race, but I didn’t do it smartly and could have done serious damage to my body if I didn’t have friends running it with me.

With the help of Village Fitness, I plan to change my entire life and I’m opening up to document every step of the process to show you it can be done. The guys at Village Fitness are setting a restriction of 1800 calories for my diet - until now the only restriction I’ve given myself is to not eat an entire bag of Reese’s in one sitting. Diet and exercise go hand-in-hand, so I’ve been told.

I'm doing this for myself, my loving girlfriend, my family, for Garage 71, and for those of you reading this who understand what I've gone through. I want to get in shape, wear smaller clothing, and live a healthier (and hopefully longer) life. Oh, and if the zombie apocalypse does happen I don’t want to be the slowest of the pack!

http://www.villagefitness247.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment