Monday, November 28, 2011

What Do You Want?

Friends and neighbors, I've been running Psychobilly Freakout for over 7 years now, or at least some semblance of it on various radio stations. It began on Album 88 as a couple of weekend specialty shows just to test the water to see if there was interest. People listened, loved it, and the show became a Monday night staple. Mondays at 8pm eastern has been the home of the show since it began.

I also decided immediately that there was so much good rockabilly AND psychobilly music that I couldn't just focus on one genre or the other - I mixed the two of them. Some people love to hate one genre or the other - I don't know why since one spawn the other and outside of a few psychobilly bands, they're very very similar.

I'm writing this post because I've been doing this show so long I may not know what you - the listeners and lovers of this music - want anymore.

*Are you sick of the mix of styles?
*Do you want to hear more of one style than the other?
*How about the variety - does the show need to be mixed up with more artists I don't play enough music from?
*What about the time and day the show airs? Does the live show not matter because you listen through iTunes whenever you want to?
*How did you find out about the show?

You see, this show is my baby, but the music is not played to entertain me - it's played to entertain YOU. So, I really need you to take a minute and give me your input. Your thoughts will definitely play into the future of the show. Constructive criticism is received better than "ur show sux!"

Leave me a message here or at rightrevandy @ gmail.com - even if you're reading this post months or years after it was made.

No comments:

Post a Comment