Thursday, July 9, 2009

HollyFest II

Earlier this year I put together a show at Lenny's Bar called The Day The Music Died - it was to celebrate the music of Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper, and Ritchie Valens. I had 10 or so bands get onstage and perform 2 to 4 songs from any of these three artists. It was a sight to behold!

I just confirmed today January 30th of 2010 as the second annual, newly dubbed, HollyFest. It will again be held at Lenny's. Why HollyFest? Because Buddy Holly was the most prominent of the three musicians and it's shorter than The Day The Music Died II. That shit gets tight on a poster.

This one will change a little as I want the bands involved to have more time onstage. They'll have to perform at least 2 songs from any of the above three artists, but they're also allowed to perform up to 3 of their own songs. I think I'll need to put in a rule that we can't have extended solos that make In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida look short.

So, plan for it. Saturday January 30th, 2010. No bands scheduled yet, but this is the place to find out about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment